Wednesday, January 17, 2018

ECD Design Team Focus on New Release - Susan's Garden



Hi Crafty Friends,

Today the Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team are doing another Focus on New Release blog post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. This time around we are focusing on Susan's Garden who has just released 8 brand new dies. Susan's Tierney-Cockburn designs flower dies that are realistic, just like those we find in nature.

For my card today I have used the new Garden Notes - Cornflower Bachelor Button die set. I die cut all the pieces from White Soft Finish Cardstock and then colored each of the pieces with copic markers and PanPastels. After shaping each of the parts of the flower I adhered them together using Kids Choice glue.

I created my card using the Stitched Squares and Fitted Squares die sets for the layers. For the white layer, I embossed half of the card using the Dancing Leaves Embossing Folder. On the other side of this panel I adhered a piece of patterned paper from the ModaScrap Color of Puppies Girl Patterned Paper Pack. This was all adhered to a top folding square card.

I stamped the Celebrate sentiment which is from the A Way with Words Happy Birthday Collection Clear Stamp set to the lower right hand corner of my card.

I adhered the flowers onto a white oval die cut using the Stitched Ovals die set and layered this onto pink cardstock die cut using the Dotted Scallop Ovals die set. After arranging the flowers to my card I then added the some branches using the Garden Notes - Leafy Berry Branch 1 die set which I die cut from brown cardstock and then added Nuvo Drops for the berries.


Of course I always like to decorate the inside of my card when I create a card. I used the Stitched Squares and Fitted Squares again for the layers. I stamped another sentiment from the A Way with Words - Happy Birthday Collection Clear Stamp set.

To finish off the inside of the card I trimmed a piece from one of the Garden Notes - Leafy Berry Branch 1 die set to the lower right hand corner of the card.

Don't forget to visit the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see what the other Design Team have created using the Susan's Garden new release dies.


Supplies:

Elizabeth Craft Designs:



Other:
Cardstock - Pink, Bright Pink, Brown
Black Ink
Oyster Grey Nuvo Crystal Drops
Copics

3 comments:

karen said...

Forgive me for jumping in, but I was trying to send you an email with a question about an old post, but the email me button doesn't seem to work. I didn't know what else to try so I thought I'd just post here. Many thanks. Karen

StampOwl said...

Just tried my email me button and it works, not sure why you wold have had trouble.

Karen Aicken said...

Very pretty card! Just saw the above comment, and I am having a terrible time with your PUBLISH button when I go to comment. I have to click it 3 - 4 times before it takes. I wonder if it's a Blogger issue, as it's not just your blog. Although I come to yours more often than most!